Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Happy Anniversary to BYOD!!!

1 year Anniversery!!!!! It's hard to believe to keep it real with you. This time last year the idea of my brand BeYourOwnDad came about. It was just a thought I came up with while attending a week long boot camp in LA called International Week put on by Marki Costello. She helped put my thoughts into a brand. And a year later the brand has a following, sponsors my hometown summer basketball league, was featured in my hometown newspaper, partnered up with a fellow inspirational campaign that featured me, networked and met others in a similar field as what I'm doing and gave people a platform to share their own story. Because believe it or not we all can learn from each other just by our experiences. BYOD gives us access to be each other's teachers and mentors without having to physically meet each other. 

I'm proud that I've created something that people support. More proud that I stuck with it. BYOD is something that I can call mine and nobody can take that from me. I just hope those reading this blog post will take the first step in building something that they can call their own as well. 

Few major goals I do have for the brand are to travel to Haiti and film my mothers story and to convert BYOD into a non-profit organization. In year 2 I'll be working to achieve those two major goals. So yeah...year 2 we are underway! Just have to work at it one day at a time. 

If you haven't seen the latest YouTube video check it here: https://youtu.be/m7GMCybubi0


Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...