Saturday, May 23, 2015

Purpose..

What do you do when you don't know where your going? I think many of us can relate.....

We wake up...go to a job that pays our bills....in a place that we live...to eat what we can afford to put on our tables....and we call this living....

I'm currently laying down on a bed in a hotel room in San Diago. My mother and I took a little vacation this Memorial Day Weekend. Earlier...we had a conversation talking about how people can't see past where they are. People will work just ENOUGH to pay their bills. Make just ENOUGH to have a little extra at the end of the week to buy a bottle and think they accomplished something. Now Lemme say I'm not a hypocrite. I'm a slave to Hennessy and Coronnas after a long week but there's a voice in my head that's always asking me "Is this it"? 

And me and moms aren't philosophers or highly educated professors . We just think past the day, week, and month. What is the overall outcome? What is our PURPOSE? 

Last week I watched a documentary on Muhammed Ali. In one scene he was speaking with his daughter explaining to her everything has a purpose. The sun has a purpose for the Earth. The bees have a purpose for the flowers. Believe it or not, little insects on the floor that we stomp out and make them apart of the bottom of our shoe have a purpose. 

So let me ask you this....What is your purpose? Why are you hear? Can you see that your worth is more than just the "ENOUGH" paycheck that you make every week or every other week? CAN YOU SEE PAST TODAY? 

You may be asking do I know my purpose? No I don't....but I do know clocking in and clicking out isn't the answer to that question....

If you haven't seen my latest YouTube video check it out here: 


Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...