Friday, October 7, 2016

I did stand up tongiht and maaaaaaaan lemme tell you....

#BYODFAM I HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT!

Alright, so my man Steve Brown had a stand up show tonight. I had to go show love and support of course. The show was at Park Place in Burbank. Some bar that was hosting a softballs teams retirement (I thought it was) or end of the season game. Steve mentioned earlier in the day that I could possibly get some stand up time if I go. So, of course I said why not....

We get there and o man!!! Lmao let's just say we were 2/3 black people there lol matter of fact the other black person there was performing his routine as we stepped in. The crowd in this bar was 45+ old middle aged white man. If you don't know I've been dibbling and dabbling in stand up lately. Prior to tonight I performed stand up twice. So when I heard another opportunity I told myself "you better take advantage".

Like I said as we stepped into the bar and a brother was performing. He was from NY. As a viewer shit was awkward!!!!!! He said "I can tell Black Lives Matter here" and it was crickettts!!!!! Lmao. To make a long story short Steve goes up one comic after the brother, and he even struggled some. But, out of all the comics tonight he held his own and did the best. Steves been doing this for four years now so I expect that. It wasn't that jokes weren't hitting. It was the crowd just wasn't our audience. Half of them were drinking, playing pool, making noise, watching tv, and the other half were watching us not laughing lmao. But, as a comic you have to adapt and run the show.

I performed after Steve and boy was I struggling. I didn't do as good as I thought but at the same time I didn't do as bad either. My jokes weren't landing. I started rambling. I'm proud of myself because I only studdered 1-2 times on stage which is great for live event practice. But, I got a few laughs from the older white guys that wouldn't mind me dating their daughters lmao

So moral of the story for this post is take advantage of opportunities and try your hardest. You may succeed or you may fail. I clearly failed, but this experience was a great lesson that I can now learn from. Now, I know to not make a Biggie reference to an audience of older white men lmao.


Please be sure to subscribe to the blog on the right of the screen--------------------->
Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD!
Visit Bidchat.com and download the app Bidchat and Watch "In The Booth" on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays @ 2:00 Pacific/5:00 Eastern  


VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk 
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...