Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Year in Review (My Blueprint)

BYODFAM!!!! Aww man last post for 2014! What a journey it's been thus far. It's only right I do a recap of this year. Like I always say to know where your going you have to know where you been. So real quick:

Jan-May 2014- Working 90 hours a week trying to figure out life. Making money but feeling there is more to life then clocking in and out. I remember watching the owner of the car dealership I worked at walking around to each building and speaking with all the staff. Then I realized this is his dream. And I was hired to further his dream. Reminded me of the saying "if you don't chase your dream you will be helping someone else's  dream come true"

June 2014- Vacation to California that helped me put my ideas into a brand:Be Your Own Dad. BYOD for short where we use our struggles to motivate us to go further in life. Growing up without a father helped me push myself to accomplish my goals. (Hence how I came up with the name) I know others can do the same. 

July 2014- Created the website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube channel for the brand. Took the opportunity to give back to my community and sponsor the T+T Summer Basketball League that I am involved in.
 
August 2014- The brand was recognized in my city's newspaper for "Providing Positivity" to my community through the basketball league.

September 2014- Move to Calfornia from Boston to pursue my dream in being a TV personality.

October 2014-Create the #BYODFAM on Instagram where one person can help the other. We can motivate each other by sharing similarities in our posts. Created the Vine profile as well. 

November-Sponsored a local hometown friend in pursuing her dream in becoming a beauty pagent winner. She received Top 15 & won the Mrs. Congeniality Award. 

December 2014- Expand the audience of the #BYODFAM through Instagram. I must lead by example by pushing myself daily and growing with my brand physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

So as you guys can see it's been an exciting year for the brand. Also, exciting for myself as well. I'm anxious for what 2015 has in store. I have a few things planned so far. Most excited for BYOD to travel to my origins of Haiti to give back and learn more about my culture. Plan on documenting the trip so it will be a story to remember!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year! And hope you watch me grow in 2015. My words of wisdom to you is to be patient and continue to put in the work. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm grinding and working on myself daily. I want you to do the same!

Left: September 2014 
Right: December 2014

"Keep grinding boy your life can change in one year"- J.Cole

Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
Twitter, Instagram, and Vine: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...