Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Self vs Everybody else

I'm gonna step away from the brand and speak what's on my mind real quick....

In the world that we live in today everybody is for self. Looking to better themselves and their personal group or family. Hey can't blame them. We all need food to eat. We all need a roof over our head. I want my children to have better opportunities then I've had. Much like the royal family. There name is carved in rock pretty much and every child that is conceived from that family branch is going to be set for life. Opportunities before they even say a word. It's crazy. But, one person in their family had the courage to do it for the generations to come.

So what about the family that doesn't have anything. Struggling to survive. Education is out the question because clean water isn't even promised everyday. What about them?

You know we have the power to help each other but we are so internally selfish that we don't want to use it. Like these blogs for example. Why not write a blog post about the path the CEO of a Fortune 500 company's took to get him/her to where they are. The CEO would share some ideas but not willingly to give up everything...why? Because they want to secure their families future. If you teach the student everything the teacher isn't needed anymore.....

Instead people use their blog posts to write about fashion, cars, the latest trend, all stupid shit that's not moving us forward as people. Why can't we focus on lending out a helping hand compared to the hottest Jordan out or the latest celebrity scandal. Hey I'm guilty im eye-ing the new Jordans coming out before Christmas. But, I would rather help the next family go from having dirty water to clean water before I have new sneakers that I will eventually stop wearing at some point in time.

In this current world everybody is waiting for the next big thing. Then take that and make "their" version of it and make money. Much like a parody when some event happens. You know...take the idea, put a spin on it, stamp your name on it, then reap the benefits.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is where is the originality at? Where is the "ima let that person create that and I'll go create my own thing". Then share it with people so they can create their own. But, we're all focused on self that we forget about everybody else.

Just my thoughts this week. Keep it real everybody.....O yeah my latest webisode is below. Please watch, comment, and share!!

Every life story submitted to JVrules2000@beyourowndad.com will be reviewed by me. The story that moves me the most will be the winner for that month. As well the person that submitted the story will receive a $20 dollar gift visa card. All you have to do is make a video no more than 90 seconds introducing who your are, where your from, and speak about a struggle you have or had and how you turned that negative into a positive. At the end of the video say the phrase "I am Be Your Own Dad". This way on one hand the viewers of the video can be motivated and on the other hand the person that submitted their story can be rewarded!!!

"First things first Rest in Peace Uncle Phil, for real you the only father that I ever knew" -J.Cole

Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad
Twitter, Instagram, and Vine: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...