Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Black History Month

The month of February is always a special month for me. My mothers birthday lands on the 28th. There's the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, and of course it's Black History Month.

What Black History Month means to me is change and progress. You know there's all the great accomplishments of many black individuals that are celebrated throughout the month. It's important to not forget who invented what and played a major part in the development of our current world.

But, in my opinion this month represents the many results that ideas can create. The one idea that sticks out is the actuall naming of February as Black History Month. First beginning as the second week of February in 1926 the idea then evolved into the whole month in 1976. Much respect given to Carter G Woodson because he opened the door for yearly recognition to many African American entrepreneurs. That just shows me what action and time can do for an idea. Also, just pushes me more to continue with th development of BYOD. 

I'm speaking of the brand I have an idea of beginning a Dare2motivate campaign! The idea came to me while eating a bowl of cereal lol but hey I'm still working out the kinks of the campaign. I'm hoping to launch it around March. I'll be sure to get more specific as the weeks go by. As far as what the campaign is all about but I'm excited about it. 

This month I will be doing a lot of reflecting on the many before me that have made a difference with their minds. It's amazing what the mind can do when you follow an idea. I came across this picture recently and had to share it. I think it's a pretty tough pic! Each individual in this picture has made a difference and I hope to do the same. 

"If you're not making someone else's life better than your wasting your time"-Will Smith

Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
Twitter, Instagram, and Vine: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...