Friday, September 11, 2015

Brittany shares her negative of growing up without a father to apositive!

One of the definitions of confidence according to Google goes as follows:
a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities. 

Many of us deal with a lack of appreciation of what was given to us. I will be the first person to testify! I always felt a certain way because I have a speech impediment. To be honest I still do. Something I constantly deal with at the age 24. And the reason why is others treat me differently when they hear me studder. I can see it in their eyes as if they feel bad for me. This is obviously just a observation on my part it's not true fact. But, I don't want to feel as if I'm a charity case of some sort. So I hate being treated a "special way" just because I speak a certain way. This ultimately effects my confidence level when approaching tasks. 

Brittany Macdonald shares a similar reason as to why in the past she hasn't been so confident in herself. After suffering from kidney and blatter infections at a young age her father had decided to leave her and her mother.  Leaving her mother to be a single parent.

But, Brittany didn't let that stop her!! NO NO NO! At 26, she has a bachelors degree and is gearing up to compete for Miss Massachusetts this fall season. Beyourowndad is going to be a proud sponsor! She's turned her negative into a positive and has more confidence than ever! 

I want to thank Brittany for sharing her story and wish her the best of luck in her upcoming pageant. 




Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...