Monday, September 7, 2015

Iconic Nile Rodgers shares how his song "Good Times " went from Negative 2 Positive!

We've all had times where we turn in a paper, project, or work and receive negative critisicm. I don't know about you guys but when I put something out into the world two things happen. 1. A weight gets lifted off my shoulders because I told myself I would complete this blog or video and I finally completed it. So i take the pressure I put on myself and throw it away: 2. I like to hear the response of the viewers. I like to get constant feedback of my work because the feedback lets me know what I have to work on. What I have to fix, tweak, etc.  ...I didn't have any worse feeling than passing in a school paper and I receive a poor grade on it. It's like damn I put all my energy and focus on this paper and i received this!?!

I had the chance to interview the Iconic Nile Rodgers! He was apart of one of the most successful groups of the disco era "Chic". He also produced and collaborated with successful names in the music game such as Diana Ross, Madonna, Britney Spears, Pharrel Williams, and many more! He was cool enough to share his Be Your Own Dad story. Rodgers mentions how his iconic song "Good Times" came out during a negative time but that negative turned into his Positive and went to #1 on the charts. Listen to his story below!



Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...