Monday, May 23, 2016

Most Important Thing Readers Aren't Doing!

This week I plan on going out and purchasing Angie Martinez's new book "My Voice". If you've been following me for some time then you would know that I'm a huge Hip Hop fan. Angie Martinez is a radio personality for Power 105.1 who's been through it all! From infamous interviews with Tupac in the 90s to sitting down with J.Cole and discussing the "plantation mindset" now a days Angie always delivers Hip Hop to the people the best way it can be delivered. 

Today's blog post isn't about Angie Martinez though. Even though I plan on purchasing her book I want to touch upon what we forget to do when we finish reading any book. And that is to APPLY what you just read into your life. I've read numerous books over these past few years and I'm always ready to get a new one. As if I'm collecting books like Jordan sneakers. I always pick up a few things the book talks about then I move on. What I'm going to begin to do and I advise you all to do the same is slow down and take in what the book is sharing. Btw I'm referring to self help books that I majority of the time read. 

In the book "The Secret" I've taken the note of positivity and ran with that. I can personally say one of the few things I took from that book has made a difference in this year alone. That's what I mean when I say "APPLY" the information to your life. I plan on (and want you guys to join me) re-reading one of my many books already purchased and taking their advice and applying it to my life.

Why don't most readers already apply what they are reading to their life? Because it takes an effort to want to change and takes sacrifice. You know your Firday night plans could be more productive but you choose to go out and party. You choose to stay out until whatever time of night it is. Keep in mind in order to recieve different results you have to have different methods! So, if what you've been doing isn't giving you the results you want then you know you have to change the way you've been doing things. Sacrifice now for a greater YOU tomorrow! Put in the work...the reward will come later!

Happy Monday #BYODFAM

Please be sure to subscribe to the blog on the right of the screen--------------------->
Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
SnapChat: @tallchocomilk 
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...