Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Hip Hop Moguls Episode 3

Wassup #BYODFAM we're back at it again with these reality shows! Two weeks ago I introduced you guys to Hip Hop Moguls on BET. I told you guys I watch televsion shows that I can learn something from. So, the first episode was so interesting to me that I had to put you guys on to the show. The second episode was a snooze fest! Let me down smh! Now, we have episode 3. I can finally say I learned something.



In this episode, I picked up on a few jems but I want to speak about one specifically. Dame Dash explains that he invested one million dollars into his movie that he produced, directed, casted, and so forth. He met with Byron Allen who is a successful media mogul that's owns or once owned 7 networks. After Dame showed Allen his project he also shared how he invested his own one million dollars into this movie and needs to get that back. To sum up Allen's response he pretty much said one million dollars of your OWN money isn't needed to make a project. You can reach out to industry people who are willing to invest 800k of THEIR money. You may only have to spend 1/5 (200k) of your own money. Then, he shares a major key about using the movie soundtrack to influence others into investing into the project. Focusing on the soundtrack is a great tool that many people may overlook when creating projects. Often times the music is what brings us in as we watch the trailer to a show or movie. Plus, when you think about it the soundtracks to movies are what control are emotions throughout the movie. Ask yourself how many times you've watched a scary movie and jumped because of the music and sound effects playing? I'll wait....In the mean time here's episode 3 of Hip Hop Moguls: Hip Hop Moguls Episode 3

It's funny because Dame Dash went on the Breakfast Club back in 2014 raving about putting up your own money when creating projects. Now, he makes a valid point because that gives you 100% full creativity to do what you want. But, after watching this episode we see Dame calling himself an asshole for investing one million dollars of his OWN money and he hasn't seen any of that return yet. My question is why spend your own money when other people are willing to spend theirs and still give you the same creative control?

Also, Birdamn speaks about his situation with Lil Wayne that was highly publicized not too long ago. He said something about everything being planned and everything's been fine since the start. Pshhh I call BULLSH*T on that one for 500 Alex! (That was a jeopardy reference for y'all if you didn't know lol)

Please be sure to subscribe to the blog on the right of the screen--------------------->

Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk 
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...