Friday, July 1, 2016

New Show Alert! Hip Hop's Music Moguls and what we can learn fromwatching it! (Episode link in post)

Wasssup #BYODFAM Happy Friday! It's almost the weekend! All my entrepreneurs and Hip Hop heads listen up I have some game for ya!

Let me start by stating I barely watch tv! Now a days there aren't any programs on air that you can learn something from. I'm at the age where if I'm watching tv I need to be able to take something away from the show. I'm screaming EDUCATE me at the television set. Hence, why I've turned to Netflix or YouTube to entertain me.



Recently, BET has began a show that we can actually learn something: Music Moguls. This day in age reality shows are clearly the wave. Every channel and network has some type of reality show. Music Moguls is a reality show that documents the lives of four moguls that have changed the way we listen to rap music. The show features Snoop Dogg, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash, and Birdman. If you don't know, these 4 individuals have major success in not only music but film and tv as well.

"So Jimmy what can I learn"? Well I'm glad that you asked that question #BYODFAM!

There's a great quote that goes "study the greats to learn their ways so you can become greater" or something like that. In the first episode we already see how the process of creating a superstar looks like by watching the CEO of Cash Money Records Birdman. If you don't know, Birdman is the man responsible for the success of Lil Wayne, Drake, and Nicki Minaj. It's safe to say he knows a thing or two! According to Birdman the next superstar up its Jacquees. A very talented singer with a whole lot of swag. Ironically, before watching the first episode I was already on game of who Jacquees was. The first episode introduces us to how Birdman markets  his new artist to the directors of radio stations. Radios are one of the few keys needed to get an artist's music out to the masses. So, establishing a relationship with the different markets is very important. (MESSAGE!)

Jermaine Dupri (CEO of SoSo Deff Records) is known for creating superstars at a young age. He is responsible for the first kid rap duo Kris Kross and of course Bow Wow. Recently his hit show "The Rap Game" was such a succes that he was cleared for another season. Which is now in production. (Side note: I cover the official aftershow for The Rap Game that can be found on the Afterbuzz Network on YouTube) On Music Moguls, Jermaine introduces us to Carson. A young country singer that is transitioning into the Hip Hop game. He is possibly the next Justin Bieber. The show teaches us how he was able to get in contact with the young artist and the steps he is taking in order to make him a star. (MESSAGE)

Next up is the legendary Snoop Dogg and Damon Dash. Instead of explaining their legacy and what they do on the show, I was able to go the extra mile for my #BYODFAM. I was able to get the link to the first episode for you! If your a fan of Hip Hop or looking to get into the music game then you want to click the link below! Thank me later! 

Music Moguls Episode 1

Please be sure to subscribe to the blog on the right of the screen--------------------->

Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk 
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...