Thursday, September 25, 2014

Beginning my journey!

I know I missed my Tuesday weekly post please forgive me!

Opening a door without knowing what's behind it is the only way I can describe my emotions at the moment. I'm waiting for my flight in the airport right now and i'm nervous but excited at the same time.  I'm leaving the nest of Massachusetts to the wild of California. Throw me in the jungle and I'll walk out with a chinchilla and 20 pounds heavier from eating the animals lol I'm ready tho! Straight face, confident walk, hip hop jamming in my headphones, and I'm preparing myself for the struggles to come. Every successful person said they experienced the bad before the good. So I'm preparing myself. 

I don't want to be the average soul that says there chasing their dream. I am dream chasing but difference between me and them is I'm following my plan. Do I have my whole plan figured out? No! No! No! But, I know my first step is this move. Take it one step at a time and my plan will unravel itself. 

I've always wanted to help others and Be Your Own Dad gives me that opportunity. And after thinking and doing research I've decided that my ultimate goal for BYOD is to become a non profit organization. I can positivity effect communities on a professional basis. It's a big goal but I just need to chip away at it slowly. Based on the research that I've done I have a lot of work to do but I know it will be worth it in the end.

I know God has a plan for me because he's blessed me with so much in life thus far. Just have to continue listening to my heart and see how this all plays out....

S/O to all those in Massachusetts I'll miss everyone. Hope I make you guys proud. Please follow along on my journey every step of the way. If i make it we all make it! 


Proverbs 3:5-6 :Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; And He shall direct your paths.


Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V



1 comment:

  1. Talk about emotions... I have tears in my eyes reading this but they are of joy for ya..Glad you aren"t afraid to open the door and walk through..Good luck Jimmy!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...