Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Increase positive feedback! Decrease the negative.

My goal for this blog is to educate, share, and bring everybody on this journey with me of building a brand. I tend to share my personal life and update everybody with the steps as I'm taking them. Back in June 2009, when I addressed my graduation class I said we need to give back to our community. I always stand by the saying "Don't talk about it, be about it." I can't stand a person that talks about what there gonna do and NEVER do it! Be a man/woman of your word and back up your statements. So far I haven't changed my community the way I would like too but I'm trying to back up what I said as much as I can.

BYOD sponsors and supports the T+T Mens Basketball League which will be held every summer. Last night I learned a former Taunton High graduate is raising money to go to a upcoming pageant. I just knew BYOD has to support and giveback. After donating to her cause the brand now sponsors and supports the local Taunton native Ashley Baptista. This upcoming November she will competing for the Massachusetts representative position in the Miss USA competition. One thing we all must do is support and encourage everybody in their dreams. It takes a lot of guts to share with everybody your dream and what you envision yourself doing. The responses are both negative and positive but most the time negative. When people can't do something they share that negativeness and it becomes contagious. We need to do the exact opposite and support one another.

Be Your Own Dad supports Ashley Baptista in her upcoming journey and wishes her the best of luck.

"Dollar and a dream" -J. Cole
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...