Monday, March 28, 2016

Is Tyrese the Super-hero of R&B?

This past weekend the Super-hero of R&B aka Tyrese Gibson released his short movie visual "The Black Book" for his most recent album "Black Rose". I mentioned "super-hero" because Tyrese made it known as he was on his press tour a few months ago that he was going to SAVE the sound of R&B. He mentioned the genre of R&B that he was introduced to when he first began his career in music is long gone. I completely agree; the state of R&B music that I grew up to love is slowly fading away. R&B music in the 90s was about love and what it meant to the artist. Now, the music consists of talking about popping bottles and having sex with multiple partners each night. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 90s FEEL? One of my favorite memes floating around in the social media world is:
I'm a huge fan of Tyrese's music. A few of my favorite songs till this day are "Sweet Lady" and "How You Gonna Act Like That" by Tyrese. Even though those are hits from the 90s he still is capable of making a hit record. Tyrese went off on a rant during a radio interview and challenged other R&B artists to make a hit song WITHOUT a feature from another artist on the track. Is Tyrese in the position to challenge other musicians?!? As a matter of fact he certainly is. His single titled "Shame" off of the album "Black Rose" broke records around the world. The song was #1 on billboard for 16 weeks straight. The album itself was #1 in 15 countries too! So...R&B artist around the world are you going to let Tyrese run the show?!? We shall wait and see.
Two of my favorite tracks off of the album "Black Rose" are "Addict" and "When we make love". I'm a Hip Hop fan but R&B got to me first as a young child. This short film posted below is basically different visuals for each track put into one story that coincides with each other. In the end, Tyrese gives his audience a dope visual story that goes hand in hand with a dope album. Check out the video below and let me know what your favorite part of the story was?


Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...