Thursday, June 30, 2016

Does Snoop Dogg's Coolaid taste as good as Beyonce's Lemonade?!? New Music Alert!!

Ok listen up #BYODFAM I've been checking out some new content that I have to put you guys up on! Specifically, I'm speaking to my Hip Hop brothers and sisters out there.

First off, Snoop Dogg just released a new album called Coolaide! Oooo that's not exciting to hear? Well, hold up let me tell you why this is good news!

As a millennial I grew up listening to Snoop Dogg. I'm not saying I'm his #1 fan but since I came out the womb in 1991 and by the time I started listening to music Snoop Dogg's been on top of the rap game. So, his music's been apart of my growth in Hip Hop.

His album Coolaide has been out for only 48 hours exclusively through Apple Music so there's no way in hell this could already be called a "classic" or #1 album. Album is set to be released July 1! But, I can say that his new sound on this album is going to get his name buzzin more than it already does. We're used to hearing Triple OG Snoop Dogg from Long Beach who's lyrics refer back to gang banging and his nuts. However, for the short time that I've listened to Coolaide I'm hearing this 2016 chill vibe that is heard in many rap songs now but Snoop puts his own laid back swag on it. He's talking that Snoop Dogg talk and delivering a message at the sametime. Something that's been missing in Hip Hop since the 90s. It's a 20 track album that delivers beats that make you bob your head. He's not doing too much on the beat which is key for me when listening to music. Don't you hate those artist that do everything but rap on a song! They will shout out there city, neighborhood, crew, and baby mama and still not spit any bars. It's those small things that I notice when listening to music.

Whether this review convinces you to listen to the whole album or not want I recommend a few tracks that will MAKE you think twice. The album has guest appearances from Too Short, E-40, Wiz Khalifa, and Swizz Beatz to name a few. 

Check out these tracks:
5. Coolaide Man (mentions Beyonce lemonade album) 
6. Let Me See Em Up feat Swizz Beatz
13. Light it up feat Swizz Beatz
15. Kush Ups feat Wiz Khalifa
16. Double Tap feat E-40 & Jazze Pha

For those that check the album out comment your thoughts below!

Please be sure to subscribe to the blog on the right of the screen--------------------->

Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk 
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...