Monday, December 12, 2016

Pressure makes Diamonds!

Good Morning #BYODFAM!

2016 is almost closing....Its Monday Morning December 12. My week is off to a very rough start but I'm keeping my head up. Leaving everything in God's hand and understanding that everything happens for a reason.

I had to turn to my man Eric Thomas this morning to keep me motivated. Eric Thomas releases a Thank God Its Monday episode on his Youtube channel every Monday. Today's episode "Pressure Makes Perfect" was about being overlooked and using that matter to motivate yourself to be better. (negative to a positive) Eric Thomas uses the example of New England Patriots QB Tom Brady being overlooked by every team when he was being drafted back in 2000. Brady was pick #199 in the 6th round! He is now arguably the best quarterback in NFL History. With his last win against the Los Angeles Rams Tom Brady became the most winning quarterback ever! No other quarterback in the history of the NFL has won more football games than Tom Brady! An amazing accomplishment in itself but who would of thought a 6th round draft pick would of accomplished that goal. Tom put the pressure on himself to prove everybody wrong! And, he has.

I like to share that being overlooked and "underrated" is motivation in any situation. People are always going to look down on you and say your aren't good enough for this and that. I take it from my own personal story. I'm someone that has a speech impediment that is striving to become a host. There isn't anymore striving for this young King. I put the pressure on  myself to move out to California and do what I said I would do despite the odds. I can say that I am a host. I am on the red carpets. I do host and co-host shows. I am speaking with successful people and learning from their stories. And i'm dong all of this with my speech impediment. So, whenever someone passes up on you for an opportunity or telling you that you aren't good enough....just smile and say you missed out on a BIG deal. Put that pressure on yourself and put in the WORK to prove them wrong!

Check out the video below and start your day off right:

"Cole under pressure, what that make..DIAMONDS"-J.Cole

Please be sure to subscribe to the blog on the right of the screen---------------------> 


Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD!
Visit Bidchat.com and download the app Bidchat and Watch "In The Booth" on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk 
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...