Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Rain always falls before the Sunshine Comes

Life for me this year has been on the high for the most part. I've been able to progress in my career as well as in my life. But, there is a saying that goes something like "when things are too good something is bound to happen"-Les Brown

This week has been a tough one for me. Earlier in the week I posted a blog post mentioning that I was gong through a trying time. One thing I enjoy about blogging is I get to speak on topics that I normally wouldn't speak on. Building an audience allows you to be vulnerable with those that support you. Well this post is one of those times. In this blog I've wrote about my personal journey of moving to California, finding a job and establishing myself. Well, earlier in the week I was fired from my job. I've been blessed to find a job a month and half into moving here. Granted the graveyard shift wasn't fun but ironically it played a major part in my leaving. And, the job allowed me to pay my bills as I pursue my dream. But, being let go a few weeks away from Christmas when jobs aren't even hiring anymore is a tough pill to swallow. Funds aren't where I'd like them to be. College loans are riding on my back. Credit card bills aren't going to pay for themselves. So, I allowed myself to moap around for a day but I know this train keeps going.
Reflection begins with looking yourself in the eye

I still have a brand to build and I won't allow anything to stop me from making my impact in this world.. So, right now is a time for reflection. What have I been doing that put me in this position? What can I do to put myself in a better position? Is the 9-5 or 12-8 job all I can get? Is their another way?

I'm a fan of watching interviews of successful people and they all have said before their big "break" came they went through a major struggle. Is this what they've been referring too? Only time will tell for ya boy. In the mean time I'm getting back to working on myself mentally, physically, and spiritually. Will I survive....only time will tell. Thanks for taking the time to read this post. Stay tuned for an update as time goes on....

Please be sure to subscribe to the blog on the right of the screen--------------------->


Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD!
Visit Bidchat.com and download the app Bidchat and Watch "In The Booth" on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk 
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy.I wish I was a fortune teller or bewitched and could wiggle my nose and make everything the way you want it .Most people I know that this has happened to that are full of energy it has been an opportunity for them.Opened different avenues and put them in better space. Painful and hurts at the time.I will pray that this brings you to a step further to where you want to be .be confident and tough..Never give up.Beat the storm..Be the storm!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...