Monday, May 1, 2017

Remebering Paul "The Truth" Pierce

Yesterday, NBA fans witnessed the final game Paul "The Truth" Pierce will ever play professionally. Earlier in the NBA season Pierce announced that this season will be his final one. His current team the Los Angeles Clippers battled it out against the Utah Jazz in a Game 7 to advance to the next round of the playoffs. The Clippers came up short in game 7 and are going on vacation earlier than expected. As far as "The Truth" is concerned it's time for him to put away his basketball sneakers for good.

Being a Boston native I was introduced to the greatness of Boston Celtic basketball from watching Paul Pierce. As a young child I grew up knowing one basketball payers name and that was Micheal Jordan. Keep in mind I didn't have cable to watch the regular NBA basketball games. So commercials on tv and watching Space Jam introduced me to the greatness of Micheal Jordan. I was unaware of the greatness of Larry Bird or Kevin Mchale as a child. Hey, I was born in '91 so give me a break.
 
Wasn't until my family finally got cable as a teenager that I was able to watch basketball games. And, I'm referring to the early 2000s at this point. A time where the Boston Celtics were horrible! All but one person on the team was consistently balling out and that was #34 Paul "The Truth" Pierce! Pierce is the only reason the Boston Celtics franchise was able to re-invent themselves in 2008 because the team was built around him. With the added additions of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Coach Doc Rivers the Celtics had their Big 3 and won the NBA championship that first year together. It's no surprise either that Pierce received The Finals MVP that same year.

As the years went on Pierce continued to ball out and be the clutch player that he is known to be. So, it's only right I pay respect to The Truth by showing his highlights and a special video the players tribune made for Paul Pierce. May his legendary status live on.






Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/ LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad Snapchat: tallchocomilk Business & Sponsorship Inquires: wjvibert@yahoo.com -Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...