Sunday, June 15, 2014

From the heart..

Before I begin I just want to say I wasn't planning on posting anything. I'm trying to stick to my every other day schedule but it is Father's Day......

Just another day in my book. But, I received a text asking me to speak about the day. Once again this brand/blog/twitter/website isn't just for me it's for everybody. So I will do what my audience requests as long as it's reasonable.

Why? Why am I deprived one less holiday per year? Why is my family portrait missing a person? Why didn't you give me the birds and bees talk when I was thinking about sex? Why didn't you teach me how to shave? Why didn't you teach me how to tie a tie? Why weren't you there when I crossed that stage to receive my diploma?  Why are you such a sucker! What type of man are you to leave a woman with 3 young boys? Why did you leave my mother and force her to work two full time jobs? Weren't you suppose to be her ride or die. She falls you catch her! Why was I forced to walk home after school because nobody could pick me up? Why did I have to ask for numerous rides home from people I barely know? You know how embarrassing that is! Especially being a young black man in a school thats mostly white. They already knew the black population struggles and you proved them right! What if they kidnapped me?

I do wanna thank you though! You turn me into the man I am today. In a way you helped me make this brand. You showed me what NOT to do! You showed me how to survive without having a father figure to look up to. You showed me that I can do whatever I put my mind too even though I don't have a father to support me. So shout out to you......for being you...

So how does every person out there that grew up without a father get thru this day?
By continuing to prove that "man" that you can achieve more then ever even though he is not here supporting you.



Comment as Anonymous from the drop down menu to publish a comment. You can then say who you are if you please to.

Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad

-Jimmy V "No love from my daddy cause the coward wasn't there" 




1 comment:

  1. sometimes no father is better than having one !

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...