Thursday, June 19, 2014

Progression

The past few days have been extremely exciting for the brand. I was able to create not only the facebook page but also release the official website as well. I have received nothing but positive support since both dropped. The twitter account completely surprised me as to how the word is spreading. I have my own personal twitter account and i know first hand that gaining followers isn't the easiest thing. But, after five days of creating the twitter account it was able to grow over 50 followers. Now you major social media people are probably laughing but I had a goal of getting at least 50 followers by 7/12/14. I was able to crush that goal now on to the next. I heard that you can buy followers but I don't want to make this a popularity contest. Yea it would look great having 20k followers but if they don't support what I am trying to spread then they don't matter.

Yesterday, being that it was beautiful weather over here in New England I decided to hit Onset Beach located in Wareham, MA with my boys. After throwing around the football in the sun for sometime it just hit me. I asked myself "how did Diddy spread the word about Bad Boy in the 90s where social media was unheard of?" I already knew the answer! I started walking around and approaching everybody on the beach and just started to spread my brand. Word of mouth is always what started rumors in school. All I kept in mind was whats the worst they can say....no! Besides my team and I were walking around on the beach beach...shirtless..talking to females...I mean it genius!! why not lol. This gave me my idea for my summer promotion! I'll be ordering beyourowndad.com wrist bands and going to beaches, festivals, anywhere people are and passing them out. Be on the lookout!! I'll also be creating the official instagram page so anybody that receives a wristband can get a pic.

I hate typing too much but those college essays got the best of me. But, keep in mind the T+T Mens League registration is this Saturday located at the Boys and Girls Club in Taunton, Ma. We are starting at 5 sharp so bring your Ids and 40 dollars. This is the first event that I will be sponsoring and trust me Jimmy V got ya back! Pictures of the event will also be featured from the instagram account. By my next blog I will have the instagram account created so look out for it.

The brand is a week old and I couldn't ask for a better start. I'm grinding for what I believe in. Stay tuned and please comment showing some love.

#BTW I received this message yesterday and I couldn't have been any more thrilled. We overseas!!!! ahaha
Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
Twitter: @beyourowndad
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad

-Jimmy V
"Like keep grinding boy, your life can change in one year"-J.Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...