Thursday, June 12, 2014

Starting something New

6/12/14

Today is the launch of my Blog for my brand. Do I know what i'm doing? Absoluteley Not! This is my first time ever doing a blog. But, i'm not going to let my unexperience stop me from doing this. What is my brand? The exact words towards the top of this page= Be Your Own Dad. Website is coming soon!

What is Be Your Own Dad? (which will now be referred to as #beyourowndad)
#BeYourOwnDad= represents the struggles that many deal with and we focus on overcoming them. I didn't create it on my own! I had help from the one and only Queen of Hosting Marki Costello. One thing you will learn about me is I am very appreciative. I give credit where its due. I'm not one to over compliment a person hoping to get on their good side. We all know in grade school that was a teachers' pet. Honestly that is called dick riding! in my book. Look up who Marki is and her work speaks for herself.

Yes that's right dick riding! Wanna know what is a on going struggle for me everyday? The use of slang aka how I would talk around my family and friends vs "my work voice"

Wanna hear what i really wanna say: Wassup everybody! Its ya boy Jimmy V. I have a idea that I believe in and I want everybody to know about! Right now i'm bumping Kanye West Through the Wire through my speakers. This particular song Kanye got into a life changing car accident and put his emotions into the song and talked about it. He put his struggle out there, overcame it and now look where he is now. That is gonna be the idea for my brand but i'll let the website educate yall about that.

This blog is about me. The shit I go thru. I'm a 22 year old black man living in America. I NEVER play the race card. That move is as old as a 100 yr old still kickin. Why did I mention that I'm black. Because I am lol its a motivator for me because the black man is held to a different standard. But, that's not the elephant in the room tho. I'll let you guys figure that out later on. I rock with Hip Hop and RnB any day of the week. Just last night I was watching the 2nd episode of  "The Message" on BET covering the transition Hip Hop has gone thru these past 20+ years. I don't rap which is the sad part lol but I have 90s lyrics embedded in my ears. So my slang or the way I talk around my family and friends is completely different then my work voice. I don't call it work voice i call it white voice. I can't come out the blue and say white voice because you guys would think i'm racist. There's a lot you all we learn about me as I continue this blogging thing.

Now tell me if I wrote this whole blog the way I normally speak (aka using my slang)....nobody would ever expect that I was my Class President in high school and a college graduate! Graduated in 4 years at the age of 21 and still doing my damn thing. Holla at me!
(Not even gonna use spell check lol this is me)

#beyourowndad coming soon



Comment as Anonymous from the drop down menu to publish a comment. You can then say who you are if you please to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...