Saturday, June 21, 2014

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe"

6/21/14

Its crazy when you find something your really interested or passionate about. Your mind set changes. I wake up now excited about the day. I use my time wisely. I'm constantly thinking of new ideas that I can use for the brand.

Before starting this brand I was a college graduate fresh out of school. I remember May 2013 as if it was yesterday. I was too amp'd to graduate. Very anxious for those that don't use slang. I went to Fitchburg State University for four years. I started when the school's name was "Fitchburg State College". So you know I was there for too long. I was ready to graduate but worried because I kept hearing about the struggle of finding a job after school. But, not having to deal with school anymore was the perfect reason for me to get up out of there. Shout out to all my burg people!

First day back in Taunton and i'm focused. I'm searching everywhere for a J O B. It wasn't as hard as I thought because I landed a job selling cars a week out. Shout out my people over at Mastria Mazda I didn't forget you guys. Now selling cars isn't the dream job especially having a speech impediment, but on the other hand better then staying home all day. Salesman work an average of 40-50 hours a week so I was busy all day. In November 2013, six months later I finally find another full time job that relates to my degree in a way. More like a foot in the door to a better job down the road. This job was less hours so of course I wanted it. Except, it was overnight. So i'm talking close to 90 hours a week.....Damn, can I pull this off?

 "I rather be tired then broke"

Damn right I can. Get on my grind and make this paper. Eric Thomas once said "if your going to be successful you got to be willing to give up sleep." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFnmsCnr6g) That's exactly what I did. Worked 90 hours a week and slept any chance I could which wasn't much. Got my vacation time up and used it first chance I could. Booked a trip to California for June 2014! 

While in California I attended Marki Costello's International Week. Her week long course helps you create a brand for yourself and covers the fundamentals of hosting. Since returning, I was able to share my brand beyourowndad. The support I have received has been crazy and just makes me want to work at it so much more.  The brand is sponsoring the T+T Mens Basketball League this summer and have plenty of ideas coming up for the summer. This is only the beginning......

T+T Mens Basketball League registration: Today Saturday 6/21/14 at the Boys and Girls Club 5-7
Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/home.html
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad

-Jimmy V
"I swear if niggas put half of what they put in chasing ass into a craft, now you'd be famous and rich"'-J.Cole

1 comment:

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...