Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Top 5 things to practice this school year!

Damn! School is starting back up already!?! The summer came and is already out the door. So, that means school is back in session. These are the top 5 things to practice this school year:


1. TRY! Whatever you do this year make sure you give 100% effort. Don't start something and not finish. You owe it to yourself to see how much you can accomplish when you try your best.

2. Join as many extracurricular activities that your schedule allows you to do. As a former President of my Class I was always busy. But, it wasn't just president business that kept me busy. I was involved in different school clubs, groups of students, and sports programs. I always made sure I had something to do because I hated going home and doing nothing lol. What this taught me was the ability to multi task and network in different groups and environments. I was able to have multiple projects going at a time and I learned how to divide my energy up for each piece of work. Now, being 24, in the entertainment industry I'm able to balance a heavy work schedule and network in any social group. Your net worth is your network remember that!

3. Learn a new skill in a new class. Pick a class that you wouldn't usually take. Get out your comfort zone and don't only take the classes that your friends take. Take a class that you have low skill level in so you can improve on that skill. For example, if you aren't all that good at typing than take a keyboarding class. If you don't know how to cook than look into culinary classes. Choose a class that you know you can benefit from.

4. Have conversations with the new students that come in. We all remember our first day at a new school. We're usually lost and don't know where anything or anyone is. I'm not saying you have to be a teacher and run the school but lend a helping hand. At the end of the day those same people that you help will have respect for you and support you. Begin and form lasting relationships that both parties can benefit from.

5. Lastly, have fun. A lot of times students drop out of school because they don't want to be there. Their fun side isn't being entertained so students look for other places to keep them entertained. It's your job to find the fun in whatever you do in life. No matter how serious the subject make sure to create a way to have fun while learning it.

Enjoy this school year and take away as much as you can from it.

Please be sure to subscribe to the blog on the right of the screen--------------------->
Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD!
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk 
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...