Friday, April 21, 2017

Charlamagne Tha God "Black Privilege" Book Signing in LA

First off Happy 4/20 my fellow puff puff passers out there. This year I'm not with the fun so blow one in the air for ya boy.

As mentioned last week in a blog post I planned to purchase Charlamagne Tha God's new book "Black Privilege". Since the release of the book this past Tuesday Charlamagne has been on a press tour book signing and today he was located at the Barnes and Noble at The Grove here in LA. I'm about a half hour drive away from The Grove so I said I mind as well go check it out. I personally have been a fan of Charlamagne since the start of his job on The Breakfast Club. I even remember watching him on MTV's Guy Code and agreeing with everything he said 80% of the time.


 
So, back to the visit. The turn out at the book store was great. I was told I purchased one of the last copies of his book. There was at least a good 200 people there. During the Q&A segment I was picked on to ask him a question. I was able to ask him the BYOD question: what was his best story of turning a negative situation into a positive. He shared the moment in time where he was attacked in front of his job one morning in New York. "Fans" or more like haters asked him for a drop (a sound bite) for their outlet and they ended up attacking him. C Tha God flipped that situation by speaking on it and making shirts off it. He even turned a profit lol check out the video below!


As he was signing books legendary rapper NORE of the Drink Champs Podcast came through to support. That was cool to see people within the industry step out to support another entertainer. I was able to pay respect to NORE and kept it moving. I got my book signed and told Charlamagne just earlier in the week I was interviewing Lil Duval on the red carpet and spoke about Grow House. Before leaving I told C Tha God that he doesn't know me yet but it's a matter of time. He gave me daps and said no doubt. Now, I'm gonna read his book and apply whatever knowledge he shares to my own grind. See you guys next post!  


Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/ LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad Snapchat: tallchocomilk Business & Sponsorship Inquires: wjvibert@yahoo.com -Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...