Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Grow House LA Movie Premiere

Last Night I attended the "Grow House" LA movie premiere featuring two of my favorite comedians Deray Davis and Lil Duval. This premiere was the best premiere I've ever attended hands down! I'll tell you why....
 
I interviewed both stars of the film: Deray Davis and Lil Duval. I could tell Deray wasn't in a interview mode but I had to ask him at least one question. Afterwards I was able to share a dope moment with Lil Duval by reciting one of his earlier comedy sets with him which was his version of Musiq Soulchild's "Just Friends" retitled as "You is my Girlfriend". As a teenager I would watch Duval perform that stand up piece over and over on YouTube. Crazy to think years later I was able to recite it with him. Check it out in the footage below. I also interviewed Instagram Influencer/Actor Juhahn Jones about his latest projects and what to expect next!

Now after the carpet is when the real fun began. I ran into everyone's favorite Uncle Snoop Dogg! Snoop has a role in the film which he plays himself. In the theatre Snoop was kickin it with the producer of the film legendary DJ Pooh. For those that aren't familiar with DJ Pooh let me remind you that he was a fellow creator of the classic movie Friday and played the character "Red" in Friday who is known for getting his chain snatched by Debo. Ring a bell yet?
 
After finally taking a seat in the theatre Big Boy of Big Boy's Neighborhood comes out and introduces the film as the audience went wild. Once the lights went off....flames were ignited and blunts were lit! Granted, I know Grow House is about two friends coming together to start growing weed. So, I knew some smoking on the carpet and around the event would happen. But, when I saw nothing but smoke rising as the credits began on the movie I couldn't help but laugh lmao. I look to my left and see Lil Duval is puffing on a big ass weed cigar. I look ahead and see blunts in rotation being passed down the aisles lol. I know for a fact Snoop Dogg was puffing on something in the back of the theatre wherever he was sitting.  5 minutes into the film all you hear is laughter and caughing LMAO.

The film itself is funny. Reminded me of Dave Chapelles first film half baked. I wouldn't say the film is as funny as the classic "Friday" but it is worth getting up with some people, rolling up some weed, and catching some good laughs. The film is set to release nationwide on the uncertified holiday for smoking weed 4/20 aka April 20th.
 
 
   

Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/ LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad Snapchat: tallchocomilk Business & Sponsorship Inquires: wjvibert@yahoo.com -Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...