Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Big Sean "I Decided" BYOD Album Review

Big Sean has come out with another project and he doesn't disappoint his fans. Big Sean has always been overlooked when it comes to the top MC's rap debate but he consistently creates good music; and his lyrical ability is always on display. This new album "I Decided" did not turn out to be any different. The MC was even left out of the trash list of Top 10 MC's for 2016 that was released by an anonymous messy rap fan (which gained a lot of attention) back in December '16 but that's a topic for another time. 

Big Sean's new album has a good mix of deep songs such as "Light," "Halfway off the balcony," and "Bigger Than Me." But, also has records you can turn up to such as "Bounce Back," and "Sacrifices." 
The album is a gem for sure and in my opinion his best project to date.
The artist features on the album bring an extra spice along the ride. With artist like the Migos, who are on fire right now with their album "Culture," Jeremih, The Dream, and even The Flint Chozen Choir. The feature I was most excited about was Eminem on "No Favors," but when I first heard the track initially his verse had me so lost I couldn't understand what he was even talking about. His verse was just a bunch of fire punchlines and metaphors that didn't have any meaning to it. Even while reading the lyrics I couldn't understand where he was going with it. He usually doesn't drop the ball but Eminem catches a huge L for that verse. He made what could've been the best song on the album into something that's skip worthy right after Big Sean's verse. Editor Jimmy V was in complete disagreement with me about the Eminem verse but that's a different conversation.


  "I Decided," shows Big Sean's maturation in the rap game and a steady improvement throughout his career. Every album has been better than the last and that's all you can ask from an artist. I give this album an A-, If you haven't heard it yet I recommend you do, you won't be disappointed.

Music Writer: Magnolima Nogueira

Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD!
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk
Business & Sponsorship Inquires: wjvibert@yahoo.com -Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...