Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Lee O'Demat (Q Of WorldstarHipHop) Is One Of The Great Black inventors Of The 20th Century

Today is February 1st, the first day of Black History Month. I had thoughts of giving my #BYOFAM a history lesson of the many great things that African Americans have accomplished and invented. So, instead of writing a list myself I did research and found a list already made. (Thank You for Google) Check out 20 Black Inventions Over the Last 100 Years You May Not Know: http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/10/23/100-black-inventions-over-the-last-100-years-you-may-not-know-part-1/

What I'm deciding to do is to recognize a fellow Haitian brother that has made his mark in this world. Lee O'Denat, known as Q, the founder of WorldStarHipHop.com - was taken from us recently at the age of 43. I didn't have the chance to meet him personally but all of his peers and family speak very highly of him. After watching many interviews of the CEO I came to understand that he began creating websites for the sole purpose of distributing music mixtapes. Now, his current site worldstarhiphop.com that is known for the most viral outrageous videos receives over 50 million visits per month and has a rough estimate of being worth over 5,000,000.00. I cant forget to mention the iconic battle cry/slogan that is said in every video "WORLDSTAR!. I personally recommend Q of WorldStarHipHop to be recognized as a great inventor of the 20th century. Rest In Peace. May his legacy live on for generations to come.

In a recent video on his site worldstarhiphop the production team compiled Q's top 5 inspirational quotes to live by - I wanted to share with my #BYODFAM

1. If We Ain't Motivating Each Other, Bettering Each Other, Making Each Other Smarter, Or Stronger. I Don't Want You Around ME...

2. Please be yourself. Even if you crazy. Stop worrying about normal ass nothing ass people judging your cool weird ass.

3. Things will slowly come together. Everything will workout for you. Have faith and be patient during the process.

4. We have more than enough chances in this lifetime to get it right. Try harder today. Believe in yourself and make it happen.

5. Be disciplined about what you respond and react to. Not everyone or everything deserves your time, energy and attention. Stay in your light.


Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD!
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...