Thursday, January 25, 2018

Erykah Badu under Fire for her comments about Hitler

Erykah Badu is under the microscope today after a recent interview with David Marchese published on Vulture.com. Many people like to take the most controversial statement in a interview and run with that for the attention it will receive. Internet people like to call that "click bait". I personally hate being a victim of click bait because if i'm clicking on a link that means I want to learn more. I want to get more of an understanding of the topic at hand. So, all this morning i've seen that "Erykah Badu sees something good in Hitler" as a trending topic. And, of course the internet reacts! The negative comments come rolling in. But, I said to myself let me do more research and understand the conversation as much as I can.

I found the interview and read it for myself. Which I recommend my readers to do the same: http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/erykah-badu-in-conversation.html
I've never met Erykah Badu but this interview has brought me closer to her as a person. I realized she views people just as they are. I've come to find that I do the same. As people, we are just humans on this earth. Trying to figure out so many unanswered questions. Many of us have good and bad within us. One thing I don't do is label a person based on just one action. Meaning, I don't call a person a bad person because they robbed a store. Yes, that is a horrible crime but I want to know why! Why did this "bad" person commit this act. After doing additional research I may find out that they just wanted money to buy drugs. Ok, NOW I can label that person as bad. But, I may find that the person felt like they had no other option and needed money to feed their family. Now, I can sympathize with the person because they were in a tight situation and made a wrong decision. Is that person wrong for wanting to feed their family?
Should John Q who was portrayed by Denzel Washington in the 2002 film "John Q" had gone to jail for holding a hospital up in order to get a heart transplant for his dying son? Is he a bad person? You guys tell me.

Anyway, after reading this interview in full Erykah Badu is a human being that loves to serve people. She mentions helping those on their death bed by helping in anyway she can. She runs on her own time as I learned by making the interview wait an hour and a half. I would personally felt some type of way but that's something I need to work on. But, can you be mad at someone that attempts to see good in others? Let me know....

Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/ LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad Snapchat: tallchocomilk Business & Sponsorship Inquires: wjvibert@yahoo.com -Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...