Sunday, January 14, 2018

My Open Letter to Donald Trump from the Child of a Haitian Immigrant

It's Sunday, noon time over here in California. For the past few days I've had a hard time dealing with Donald Trump's comments regarding African, Latin American countries, and specifically Haiti as "ShiThole" countries.

For those that are unfamiliar I am of Full Haitian descent. Both my mother and father are from Haiti and they migrated to this country of the United States in the 1980's in pursuit of a better life. Some call it "the America Dream" but I call it a better chance of survival. Just so everybody is aware Haiti is one of the poorest countries on this planet Earth. When I visited Haiti as a child, I strictly remember having to shower in front of strangers at the public showers due to the lack of water. Electricity was only on for a certain amount of hours because the lack of power sources. And, families of 3-8 people would be living and sleeping in the same room because of the lack of homes. Once again let me remind you this was when I was a young child not even of the age of 10.


Since my visit the beautiful country of Haiti was hit by one of the worst earthquakes to ever strike a country in January 2010. Yet, we continue to rise. Haitians are so unique. We as a people are some of the hardest working, kind, and genuine loving people on this earth. I've witnessed this myself as I grew up in a Haitian household. Our Haitian dishes are some of the best tasting food you will ever drool over. Our work ethic is like no other. Our woman are Queens and our men are Kings. Many see it within us by the way we hold ourselves in conversation and stature.

Now, It would have been easy of me to write a blog post saying all types of negative things about Donald Trump and how he shouldn't be the leader of the "Free World". But, it gets on my nerves having to say the same things over and over. I hate repeating myself actually. Ironically, I have a stutter so that's why I hate repeating myself. But, just so my opinion is clear: DONALD TRUMP is TRASH and a RACIST plain and simple.

 In today's times' everybody can express their opinion through their platforms. I want you guys to watch these clips from corespondents on air that share their thoughts. Take notice how their thoughts are based on facts and experiences with those of the Haitian culture.

Watch this clip from Anderson Cooper sharing his thoughts on Haiti:

Just so there isn't any confusion:

"Dear Mr. Donald Trump,
    The same people from these "Shithole countries" are the people that helped build the country your spoiled rotten ass has been able to reap the benefits from. I'd like to see you try to survive in a country where you arent sure where your next meal is coming from. Or, whether you will be able to shower or not. Keep your racist comments in that racist mind of yours to yourself. How about you go to Norway where they probably don't want anything to do with you. And, just because you "won" the title of President DOES NOT MEAN you are my President. Sincerely, the child of a Haitian Immigrant"

Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/ LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad Snapchat: tallchocomilk Business & Sponsorship Inquires: wjvibert@yahoo.com -Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...