Friday, March 10, 2017

7 Reasons Why "Get Out" Is A Must See!

Jordan Peele has raised the bar for himself with his recent production of horror film "Get Out" which has grossed over $30 million dollars. This project took 8 years in the making. Since the trailer first dropped in 2016 I knew this film was something special. I finally had the opportunity to see the film this past week and all I can say is "wow!"

1. First off s/o to Jordan Peele for finally allowing a black character to stay alive until the end of a horror movie! Because, we all know in every horror movie the black character is one of the first ones gone.

2. The scenes in this movie are unique and tell a great story. But, what you don't see or understand first is what makes the movie exceptional. There are many hidden messages within the movie that tell a even deeper story especially about racial issues within the past decades.

3. The casting in the movie was exceptional. Each actor does a great performance of their character.

4. The comedy in the film isn't too much or forced. LilRel Howery who plays the character Rod Williams best friend of the main character Chris mainly brings the comedic feel to the film. The way he responds to many situations in the movie is the same as I would which made the movie more relate able.  

5. The suprises towards the ending of the movie really caught me off guard as a viewer. In a sense kept me on the edge of my seat.

6. The idea of being hypnotized and only being able to view what was going on and not react was a great message that Peele displayed. In a interview, Peele described that seen as the equivalence of working at a place and not being able to be your true self. I've worked at multiple jobs where I need to watch what I say because things may be taken out of context. And. I'm not referring to foul language or making any sexual references. I mean regular normal conversation that I have on a daily basis with my boys. That same conversation isn't "suitable" for the workplace. Not because it's inappropriate but because my non black co workers aren't used to  the slang or references I may say. So I have to "talk white" to just get thru my 8 hour shift......bullllshit!

7. The idea that the African American body is more athletic and hair is more wanted was a topic in the movie. Which is true! I hear this all the time! Glad it was finally brought to light.

STAY WOKE!


Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD!
 VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad
OLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk Business & Sponsorship Inquires: wjvibert@yahoo.com
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...