Monday, March 20, 2017

From Sitting In A Box To Living Life On Top

Good Morning #BYODFAM and Happy Monday!
I'm at work waiting to end my shift at the moment. I started my Monday by watching today's Breakfast Club Interview featuring rapper Casanova. Prior to watching the interview I'd never had heard of this individual. I clicked the video thinking it's a good way to pass time on this shift. What I didn't expect was to understand the clarity in an individual when they speak their truth.  In this interview,Casanova shares stories of starting a life as a robber to when he was incarcerated to now being pursuing a career in music. . The substance that needs to be taken from this interview is when Casanova explains why he did such and such crime to land him in the position he was. He was brutally honest when explaining why he felt the need to rob people prior to being incarcerated. Even when he was in jail he did certain things feeling the need to prove himself to others, to gain credibility.

Growing up, much like Casanova I found myself in situations where I needed to be "Gangster" or claim to be.. I'd had been forced to do certain things in order to prove to those I hung around with that I was "Gangster" enough to hang. Fortunately, I was never caught or got into major trouble due to my actions. Casanova on the other hand wasn't so lucky and had to serve more than 7 years in prison. In his current state of mind based on this interview he understands that being "Gangster" is all bullshit. The need to prove yourself through illegal acts to gain credibility around people is a set up for disaster. And, this message is so important to share because there are sooooo many young people lost in this fisade. They are under the spell that they need to put in "work" in order to gain acceptance. In all reality they need to work on themselves to understand who to not hang around in order to better themselves.

BYOD is all about turning your negatives into positives!

Now it's one thing for me to say this message. I've never been to jail or don't have any felonies so I'm just a guy trying to preach right from wrong.

Now, to hear the message from an individual who's done the crimes, serves the time, and stilll alive to share his testimony is completely different. Listen to the message straight from Casanova below and i hope it will help change someone's life today.


Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/ LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad Snapchat: tallchocomilk Business & Sponsorship Inquires: wjvibert@yahoo.com -Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...