Monday, January 23, 2017

Young Jimmy V's Entreprenurial Advice

So a few days ago I posted a video of Gary Vee being Interviewed on the Breakfast Club. I just finished re-watching the interview because he drops so much great business advice that I had to watch it again. I strongly advise you to go watch that interview now!

Anywho, he speaks about flipping items on eBay and at work. And, two great memories came to mind from when I was younger and I wanted to share it with you all. First memory is a young Jimmy V in the 3rd or 4th grade. I was one of a few students in my class that knew my multiplication tables. I mean I knew them like the back of my hand!(I wrote a previous blog post around the game "Around The World" that explained how I learned my multiplication tables.) I was so good (my personal opinion) that I began to charge my classmates a dollar or two so I can "teach" them how to study their multiplication tables. (If your good at something...charge!) I remember going home with a pocket full of money and my mother flipping out on me because she didn't know where the money came from. Point of that story is you can provide a business service of whatever you're good at to somebody that wants to learn! So, take that story and apply it to an aspect in your life.

In this second story we're going to revisit Jimmy V in the 8th grade. Every year there was an end of the year field trip to the Musuem of Science in Boston (I think that was the destination). Now, in order to go you had to pay money for the bus fee, ticket fee, and lunch. Now, I come from a single parent home so I never wanted to go home asking my mother for money for a "field trip". She had more important things to pay for. So, the alternative in my mind was to fundraise the money through the "cookie dough" program the school had set up. The way it worked was you sell a certain amount of boxes of cookie dough and in return your fees for the school trip was paid. So I ended up selling the most boxes out of everyone and was able to pay for the trip. But, what I want you guys to take away from this story is how I sold the most boxes. Instead of going to my mother and asking her to purchase boxes (I already knew the answer to that lol) I decided to approach every teacher I knew. I approached the teachers after school when it was most conventiant so I wasn't interrupting them or anything. After explaining to the teachers why I approached them they would  agree to buy or told me to come back on Friday. (payday!) It's hard to explain but it just clicked in my head to approach teachers because I knew there job was to teach! So I know they were getting paid for it lol. So, what I want you guys to take from this story is when you have a product do research and go to where the money is. Put in the work ahead of time to make it easier on yourself later.

Ok, I'm back to this grave yard shift.

Thank You for checking the BYOD blog. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD!
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beyourowndad
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
Snapchat: tallchocomilk
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...