Saturday, January 2, 2016

"All the single mommas raise ya hand!"

I hate to say it but the holidays are over (tear). The family, friends, FOOD, presents, the time off from work!, is all coming to an end. So I thought it would be a good idea to check out who gave back to their community this holiday season.

BIG s/o to rapper Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. aka TIP Harris aha T.I. he showed his community of Atlanta major love when it was much needed. Just when the holidays are here and money is tight for everybody T.I. visited the local Walmart and picked up the shoppers bill. Bills as high as $299+. He came in like superman and saved everybody if you ask me. But, don't think he just came and flashed money around. NO! NO! NO! He represented what the holidays are: giving out hugs, shaking peoples hands, being there for those in need. He even helped pick up large items such as big boy cars and carried them to the front of the store.

One customer at the store stated that she had been struggling this holiday season to get stuff for her kids. She made it right before the store had closed and her money hadn't been cleared in her account yet. So she planned on scrambling up a few items for her son who is a straight A student. Fortunately, T.I. was there and was able to help her with her bill. In the end her son was able to get the gifts that he deserved.

T.I. is a great example of a man who has gone thru some negative times and turned that into a positive for his family. TIP went from a street hustler in the streets of Atlanta, to being incarcerated for gun possession, to changing his life to being a positive individual in his community. Not only is he a great rapper but a great BYOD story to learn from. Big s/o to T.I.!



Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...