Monday, January 25, 2016

Basketball Cop and Shaq

Police Officer Bobby White also known as "Basketball Cop" after a video of him playing basketball with some neighborhood kids had gone viral has played basketball with kids once again. This time he had some back up from a cop and I'm not talking about his regular co-workers. The 4-time NBA champion/Doctor/Sheriff Shaquille O'Neal joined Officer White in returning to the same neighborhood and playing with the kids once again. A great surprise for the kids that brought nothing but smiles. Shaq and the police man played basketball against the children and I'm sure made an everlasting memory for the children.

I've seen a trend online where police are interacting with many children playing outside and recording it. I personally think this is a technique to ease the tension between civilians and police due to the many police brutality cases within the last 5 years. Whether the police are doing it just for publicity or out of the goodness of their heart is your decision to make.

Before the joyous day ended Shaq spoke with the children sharing that he grew up in a similar neighborhood. He encouraged them to stay in school, listen to their parents, and stay focused. He brought the group of kids together and had them repeat the phrases "I WILL BECOME WHATEVER I WANNA BE. I WILL BE A LEADER NOT A FOLLOWER. I WILL RESPECT MY PEERS, MY ELDERS, AND ESPECIALLY MY PARENTS". As Shaq left he rewarded each child with $100 for making a basketball shot in front of him. I'm sure the children will never forget that day. Major s/o to the Gainesville, Florida Police Force and Shaquille O'Neal! Watch the video of them below. 



VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...