Friday, January 29, 2016

Are Black People Self-Centered!?!

I had a interesting conversation yesterday with my classmate about the Oscars and the number of different races being nominated. This whole month the trending topic has been about Black actors/actresses not being nominated for awards. My classmate (who is of Asian descent) brought up a good point saying "everyone talks about black people not being nominated but what about Asians and other races?" She followed up with "at least black people can speak out about the issue because there are many blacks in the entertainment but Asians in the industry are a different story." After listening to her I came up with a great question for my blog readers "Are black people self-centered?" Do we only care about ourselves and race?

Yes, we are self centered! It's a dog eat dog world out here. We see it all the time in the hood where a black man will knock another black man down to get ahead. Like crabs in a barrel. Now, is it our fault the Asians or whatever community doesn't have a large enough voice to be heard? No, but do we care....I doubt it!



Let me hear your opinion below!

Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...