Monday, January 4, 2016

Riding around with Obama...

What do you get when you put the President of the United States with one of the funniest comedians to date?....You get the show "Comedians in Cars Gettiing Coffee". Launching off the seventh season to date featured the one and only Barack Obama riding around the White House estate with Jerry Seinfeld. Why on the White House estate? Well when Obama and Seinfiekd attempted to leave out the gates of the White House the security officers denied them with no hesitation lol. I guess trying to give the show some comedic appeal.

I must admit I'm not a regular "Comedians in cars getting coffee" type of guy (ratchet reality shows usually have my attention) but when I read Obama participated in the episode I had to check it out. What did the wealthy duo ride around in? A 1963 Corvette Stingray! The only corvette year that was made with a split rear window. If you can't picture it just think of a submarine as it enter the water. The show actually revealed that during the 60s and 70s astronauts would drive only corevetts. I guess you could say it's the equivalent to pimps and Cadillacs cars lol. But, why that car? Well Obama reveals during the episode that when he was 7 he thought it was the coolest car ever. From there Seinfield just did simple math: coolest car + coolest president=great episode.

After driving the car around and getting coffee on the estate what did these two talk about? Well Seinfeld asked all different types of questions such as how many brands of underwear does he wear? Do you pick out your own suits? Or my favorite question "do you realize people put on a fake act around you just because you are president?" Obama chuckled and replied "I do and it comes with the job".

This was a pretty funny episode if you ask me. Just another reason why President Obama will go down as the coolest president to date! Obama mentioned during the closing of the episode that he only participates in these type of shows to promote Obama care. So for those of you who say Obama is just living it up and having fun...he still is putting in work! To watch the episode click the link in my bio! 



Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...