Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hip Hop in gymnastics

Viral Video Alert! Alright, I know I'm late because I first saw Sophina DeJesus of UCLA floor routine two days ago and let it slide. But, now I see the same floor routine video has gone viral! Let me catch you up if you haven't heard. Sophina DeJesus is a 21 year old gymnast from the University of California. This past Saturday she competed in a competition that involved an open floor routine. Now, I'll admit I don't follow gymnastics enough to know the different activities, but I heard the floor routine is one to always look forward too.

DeJesus had the crowd going crazy because of a mix of flips, tumbles, splits, and Hip Hop dance moves. As seen in the video she did a great job completing all the gymnastic moves but to top it off she had everyone watch her wip and hit the nae nae, hit the quan, hit the Harlem shake, and salute off the competition! If you know me then you know I love anything that has to do with hip hop. The mix of her gymnastics and Hip Hop moves landed her a score of 9.925!

I love the routine because coming from a hip hop background when you dance after doing something especially in a competition it's showing pride and confidence. We must always communicate to the younger generation to be proud of what they are excelling at and always have fun doing it. Check out the routine below!



Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...