Monday, February 15, 2016

Presidents Day

I felt like writing a post today but wasn't sure what the topic would be. I'm about to head to the Afterbuzz studio to film the after show for The Rap Game. Being that today is Presidents Day I'll share my thoughts on what I think of the title "president". When I was a child I always wanted to be Line Leader. You know, go to the front of the line went the class goes to the bathroom, lunch, pretty much anywhere outside of the class. As a child the Line Leader was the president in my eyes. The president leads a group of people to their next destination. And, I didn't grow up wanting to be president but I've always seen myself leading a group of people.

As I've grown older I learned the President of the United Sates is the "Commander in Chief" for the richest country in the world. But, he can't make any decisions without approval from Congress aka the people behind him. Right now, President Barack Obama is leading this country and if you've read my earlier posts before than you would know I am a 100% Barack Obama supporter. Now, I'm not going to stunt and act as if I know about politics because I don't. But, I believe in something called the BIG PICTURE. The BIG PICTURE in my mind is what lasts after all the dust settles. For example, Obama has been in office for 8 years and he's been criticized for the bad and applauded for the good. When he's out of office which will be at the end of this year what will they say about President Barack Obama?

I think the BIG PICTURE is going to show that Barack Obama showed us CHANGE. Ever since the beginning of his campaign Obama pressed for change with the political campaign slogan "Yes We CAN". The change that I've seen is the message that he sends to any child wanting to become president. In this world you can become whoever you want and that includes being President of the United States. Despite your skin color, background, and social status you can beat the odds. At the same time you don't have to switch up who your are. Barack Obama is the same leader that stepped into our office 8 years ago and I'm sure he wont be changing any time soon.

To wrap up this post I think a great leader is one who isn't afraid of bringing change for those behind them. Happy President Day....pretty sure I get paid double today so its a good day lol.



Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...