Wednesday, February 17, 2016

K Dot

I've often felt stuck inbetween two worlds. Growing up it was always a struggle to stay on the right path, but as I get older decisions and choices have become easier to make based on my experiences. One of my my favorite lyrics from my favorite artist J.Cole is " I swear yo I'm like Huey mixed with Riley (Boondocks reference) 
Thursday I be trynna save the world, then on Friday I hit the club Hoping that my dick get rubbed by some fat asses". Basically, Cole shares his struggle of wanting to save the world but at the same time just live in the world. It's as if he understands what he can do but he rather just chill and relax. Those lyrics are from a song a few years ago (called Can I Live)  and it's safe to say J.Cole's music has and always continue to change lives. Walking this fine line in between good and bad is ironic I've come to find out.....

Much like J.Cole there is another rap artist out right now that is making a large impact on the world. Since the Grammys were two nights ago it's only right I mention this artist was nominated for 11 Grammys and won 5 awards! If you don't know by now I'm speaking of Kendrick Lamar. Kendrick also known as K-Dot is had a great start to his week. The media is still buzzing about his Grammy Performance that was a absolute great expression of his vision and creativity.

"So Jimmy...why are you writing about him" 

If you happen to ask that question than let me answer it for you. What makes K-Dot so unique is he understands his message and what he represents is much more than self boasting. Kendrick can rap about all his money, bitches, and cars like the average Hip Hop rapper. But, he chooses to rap about his life growing up in Compton, California. Compton has so much negative within the city that it's easy to kill or rob a person and boast about it on a track. Kendrick chose the opposite of the spectrum and raps about the reality of Compton and how love is the cure for everything. #BYODFAM i want you to watch the link below to truly understand where K-Dot is from and the impact he is going to have in the years to come! He's all about making his negatives into positives.



Thank You for checking this blog post. Be sure to read previous posts and stay up to date with BYOD! 
VISIT the Website: http://www.beyourowndad.com/
SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube Channel: Jimmy V/Be Your Own Dad 
FOLLOW on Twitter and Instagram: @beyourowndad
-Jimmy V aka MR.BYOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share your thoughts!

Latest Performances

End of The Year 2017 Recap

  The year 2017 has been a good year for me. There were both ups and downs but the good thing is I remember the UPs more than the downs. I g...